Contrary to popular belief, Botox® is a simple procedure that has a variety of unique benefits to the individual. At TrueSmiles, we will use Botox® for a variety of reasons beyond enhancing one’s appearance. Botox® injections can help with enhancing aesthetic appearances such as the frown lines between the eyebrows, crow’s-feet or treat wrinkles on the forehead.
Botox® can also help treat:
- Repetitive neck spasms
- Excessive sweating
- Overactive bladder
- Lazy Eye or eye twitching
- Chronic migraines (in some cases)
- TMJ symptoms
- Low lip line
- Difficulty adjusting to a new pair of dentures
Botox contains the botulinum toxin that interferes with specific chemical signals to the nerves that helps to prevent muscle contraction. The botulinum toxin attaches to the nerve endings of the muscles and affects the nerve transmission. By preventing contraction, the skin will no longer wrinkle or drastically slow down the process.
While the procedure will involve an injection, we take every necessary precaution to ensure that the patient does not feel any pain during this procedure. We will also pair this procedure to follow or precede other ones to avoid making too many extra trips in a short period of time.
We understand that many people may be skeptical or unsure of the Botox® procedure and the benefits. Below are a few common questions that people may have about Botox®. If you have another question that is not on this page, give us a call at (305) 203-4110. We will be happy to go over any and all questions that you have before helping you draw out your best self.
How does Botox® treatment work?
Botox® treatment involves an injection of botulinum toxin that helps to prevent muscle contraction by attaching to the nerve endings of muscles. Before completing the procedure, we will need to have our team examine your health and determine if Botox® is the best choice of procedure.
Once we gather important health information, we will determine if Botox® will be an effective treatment option for you. If it is, we will then go over the process itself and schedule an appointment for the procedure. After the procedure, the patient will begin to see improvement in 3 to 10 days.
Check out what others are saying about our Botox and restoration services on Yelp: Botox Miami.
How long does a procedure take?
The amount of time the procedure will take depends entirely on the type of Botox® and amount of Botox® necessary. At TrueSmiles, our team can go over the variety of uses that Botox® can offer you. We recommend that you ask all questions about the procedure with our Team at a consultation meeting.
We will address all concerns and questions prior to completing the procedure. In many cases, the procedure may only take around an hour altogether. We will go over the exact length of the procedure with you during the consultation.
What is the cost?
The cost of a Botox® procedure and treatment will depend on several factors, which include:
- Your health insurance coverage
- Your current state of health
- Any allergies
- If you received a Botox® treatment in the last four to six months prior to this appointment
- The type of Botox® you want and the area of the body you want it in
We will help determine the cost of the procedure after we go over the type of procedure and all of the necessary steps.
Is the treatment painful?
Contrary to popular belief, a Botox® procedure is not painful and you will be able to remain calm during the procedure. While the idea of needles near one’s face is not the best mental image, we will ensure that it is not as bad as some might believe. We will use a thin needle and inject small amounts of botulinum toxin into the system.
We will complete this procedure fairly quickly and with little to no pain. The patient will also be able to return to work or other tasks of daily life right after the procedure.
What can I expect for recovery time after the treatment?
You will be able to return to your daily activities directly following the procedure. It is important to avoid rubbing or massaging the areas we treat with Botox® since it will cause the toxin to move toward another area of the body. You can also call us if there are any other odd health issues you begin to notice following the procedure.
When will I begin to notice the results?
The results can take around 3 to 10 days to fully take effect. However, people will not be able to notice that you went through a Botox® treatment, but will notice your new appearance.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- TrueSmiles was established in 2007
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Monroe County & Palm Beach County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Miami, West Miami, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Hialeah, Homestead, Kendall, Hollywood, Miami Beach, Key West
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Botox