If you are tired of living with crowded teeth, now is an excellent time to consider orthodontics. At TrueSmiles we regularly answer questions about Invisalign® as an alternative to braces. This product is growing in popularity as more and more people are transforming their smile without the use of bulky and noticeable braces. If you live in Miami, FL or the area, we encourage you to call (305) 271-5321 and schedule an examination. We will let you know whether or not Invisalign® is the right solution for your child and how to get started.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® straightens teeth using a series of clear, plastic aligners. For teeth to move from their current crowded position to where they are supposed to be, pressure must be applied. With braces, this is done using metal brackets with wires threaded between them. With Invisalign®, we apply pressure using a series of clear aligners that place specific amounts of pressure on specific teeth. When worn in a series, they put the right amount of pressure on the teeth to migrate the teeth to the correct position.
Here are seven things you should know about Invisalign® prior to visiting our office.
- Adults love Invisalign®. If you enjoy your orthodontics treatment, you will be more committed to following through with it. Orthodontics is not a procedure that people can complete in one visit. It is up to you to remember to wear your aligners, keep up with appointments and care for your teeth. While the same level of commitment is necessary for wearing braces, Invisalign® can lead to better satisfaction during the process and months of wearing the product. You wear Invisalign® aligners for at least 21 hours per day. However, you can remove the aligners to eat, brush your teeth, play sports or for taking a picture.
- Easier to use. One of the biggest benefits of Invisalign® as an alternative to braces, is that the clear aligners are incredibly easy to use. The clear aligners function like a removable retainer. You put the aligners in and take them out as necessary since we do not need to permanently fix anything in place. As long as you brush your teeth after each meal, you can eat any of your favorite foods and not have to adjust the diet. All you need to do is take the aligners out and put them in a secure case while eating. The same is true when it comes to brushing your teeth. This is a far cry from braces, where the brushing and flossing routine requires additional tools and can take up to twenty minutes at a time.
- Teeth stay cleaner. Since teeth are easier to keep clean when wearing Invisalign®, there is less of a chance of developing stains or even cavities. Consider this, when a person wears braces, food can become stuck all along the brackets and underneath the wires. These areas can be hotbeds for bacteria and plaque that can eat away at the teeth and lead to decay. In order to prevent this, special brushes need to be used on a daily basis so that the brackets themselves can stay relatively clean. Proper dental hygiene can be difficult, this is one reason that Invisalign® is an ideal treatment option. By removing the aligners while eating, there is nothing additional for food to get stuck on or for plaque to grow on. Since they come out to brush and floss, the process of oral hygiene is as convenient as it has always been. Invisalign® makes a win-win for oral hygiene and for the aesthetics of the smile.
- Better for self-esteem. While braces are smaller in size than in the past, many people still associate a stigma with wearing braces. When people hear they will need to wear braces, many may feel insecure about looking different, become worried about standing out with a metal mouth. At TrueSmiles, we get it. No matter how efficient of a job braces can accomplish, some people may prefer an alternative due to feelings of insecurity or being self-conscious. Our Miami dental office can provide a nearly invisible solution that people will have trouble noticing. The discreet function while wearing Invisalign® allows you to smile every day without hiding your teeth. As the your smile improves during the process, you will remain positive and notice the changes.
- Treatment time. We will let you know how long the treatment will last when you visit our dental office. Generally speaking, most people need to wear their aligners for around eighteen months. The overall treatment time with Invisalign® can vary on how often you remove the aligners. While you may only need to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, if you remove the aligners for too long, you risk extending the treatment time. Wearing Invisalign® takes commitment and care, but can provide a positive experience in comparison to other methods.
- Invisalign® is more comfortable. At TrueSmiles, we hear many of our patients mention how comfortable they are during the treatment process. Anytime teeth move, there is bound to be some level of soreness. Whether you wear metal braces or aligners, there will be some soreness following an adjustment or switching to a new aligner. A small amount of soreness during an adjustment is perfectly natural. The difference in comfort is more noticeable when one considers how everything feels on a regular basis. Since traditional braces involve metal brackets and wires, that metal can rub up against the cheeks and inside of the mouth, causing irritation. It is not uncommon for people to get sores or cuts in their mouth as a result. Naturally, this is inconvenient and entirely avoidable when wearing Invisalign®. Since the aligners are clear plastic, they are smooth and will be unlikely to cut your mouth during treatment.
Check out what others are saying about our alternative to braces on Yelp: Invisalign® Miami.
INVISALIGN TAKES A MODERN APPROACH TO STRAIGHTENING TEETH
Straighten Teeth Without Braces
Learn more about Invisalign® as an alternative to braces by calling 305-271-5321 and scheduling an appointment with our Team. At TrueSmiles, we will answer any questions that you have your examination. If you live in Miami, Florida or the area, we will give you the smile of your dreams.
How do I get started with Invisalign®?
Call 305-271-5321 and schedule a consultation with our Team.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- Invisalign®. How Invisalign Works. 2016
- Invisalign®. Take the Smile Assessment. 2016
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- TrueSmiles was established in 2007
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Monroe County & Palm Beach County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Miami, West Miami, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Hialeah, Homestead, Kendall, Hollywood, Miami Beach, Key West
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Alternative to Braces for Teens